No matter what you are writing there should be some narrative elements involved:
- Opening (set the scene) – “It was a dark and stormy night.”
- Exposition (What is the background?) “She’s always been afraid of the dark”
- Rising Action (This is where it gets exciting.) “She never thought she would have a gun in her hand.”
- Climax – “She never thought she would pull a trigger – but she did.”
- Resolution – “Her roommate would ever forget her key again.”
Each person in the group will begin with an opening. After you complete your opening send it to the person sitting on your right. Read their opening and add your own exposition. When you are finished send your exposition on and write the rising action of the next story that comes your way.